Salient Features / Some facts about "Soazkhwani"
* The literal meaning of soazkhwani is sorrow or smoulder.
* It is allegorical attribution to the martyrdom
of Imam Husain (A.S), his companions &
There are only three basic vocal fine arts of Islam/Muslims: Qirat, Qawwali & Soazkhwani.
* Its beginning can be traced to three centuries back in this subcontinent (especially in Luknow & its surrounding/U.P).
* In SOAZKHWANI classical poetry of Urdu is mostly used as the medium thereof.
* Since its inception nobody cared. Discovered & compiled certain rules & regulations of this art. The infrastructure is made/designed by Prof. Sib-i-Jaafer.
* Soazkhwani has its own code of conduct, unique to it age old civilization & Islamic culture & has its own phraseology.
* The melody & its practice is needed or required in performance of the common arts. Whereas soazkhwani needs the pathos & pains of the incident in a touching & moving style.
* It is a deliberate attempt according to the existing situation where message occupies the priority than the art & craft (where the massage comes first & the art after words).
* In its compositions of “Ragas” there has been clear contradictions among the “Ragees”
(Classical Masters), because no clear, identified, categorized (shudh
used in Soazkhwani. It does not maintain the real effect of “Raag” , but exclude the irrelevant.
* Tecnacally the singer (Performer,
vomposer/Soazkhwan) is a competent,
experienced & trained professional/ skilled person, who is entitled
He is adept hand, who
exercise all the facets of rhythmic metres and knows all the intonations of the lyre.